Tuesday 28 March 2017

Just Peeking in To Say Hi - #GDP080


Welcome Back Crafters

#Prettykitty #Loveitchopit #Petalsandpaisleys #Watercolouring #KOCreationscards #GDP080 #Richrazzleberry #Handmade #Cardmaking #Bellaandfriends

I do apologise for not being present over the last week. 
My youngest daughter has been home from school with me, quite unwell for nearly 2 weeks...
We did some craft together, as well as keeping her school work as up to date as possible. But unfortunately that didn't leave alot of time for blogging....
She went back to school yesterday and I held an in home workshop class yesterday :) That kept me on my toes...we made a double slider card which I will blog about tomorrow ( I wanted to get that done last week lol)...so keep your eyes peeled!

Okay getting straight into it. I went and had a peek at GDP this morning, just to see what their challenge was this week.
 I was so very happy to see that the Design Team had chosen to CASE Louise Sharp!!! I adore her work!
And this is the project they have CASEd and challenged us to do also.


Isn't it just gorgeous! I love everything Louise creates though...so I am a little biased, lol.

I chose to keep the basic layout for my CASE, but changed the colours and the tag shape with my project.

Here is my CASE.


Pretty Kitty

Front View

#Prettykitty #Loveitchopit #Petalsandpaisleys #Watercolouring #KOCreationscards #GDP080 #Richrazzleberry #Handmade #Cardmaking #Bellaandfriends

The Designer Series Paper I chose is from the Petals and Paisleys suite. I just adore the Rich Razzleberry colour. 
The diagonal stripes brings the other colours into the mix...Cajun Craze, Mint Macaron and Crushed Curry. There is another striped colour, but I didn't use any ink in that colour.
I used all four of the colours mentioned for my stamped water coloured image.
I used the Sticthed shapes framelit (second largest square) to create the rectangle...These dies are just perfect for adding a more polished look to any card.

Close Up

#Prettykitty #Loveitchopit #Petalsandpaisleys #Watercolouring #KOCreationscards #GDP080 #Richrazzleberry #Handmade #Cardmaking #Bellaandfriends
For the flowers on the image, I first coloured them lightly with stampin' Write markes. I mixed Fine-tip Glue with ink scribbled onto a block from a stampin' Write marker and using a fine brush applied the coloured glue. This will give a shiny and dimensional look to the flowers when dried.
It is quite dificult to see in the picture though.

Inside View

#Prettykitty #Loveitchopit #Petalsandpaisleys #Watercolouring #KOCreationscards #GDP080 #Richrazzleberry #Handmade #Cardmaking #Bellaandfriends

I always stamp the inside of my cards to match the front theme, and I couldn't resist doing the same today. Especially with such a cute stamp set!

Side View

#Prettykitty #Loveitchopit #Petalsandpaisleys #Watercolouring #KOCreationscards #GDP080 #Richrazzleberry #Handmade #Cardmaking #Bellaandfriends

For the sentiment I white embossed the words. I decided that I wanted some dimension to my banner, so using my bone folder I made my banner wavy. I added 2 dimensionals under the upward wave and snail adhesive where it sits against the tab.
I wanted to pick up the white colour more, so to help do this I added Thick Bakers Twine under the sentiment in Whisper White.

I loved the first card so much I made 3 more :)
#Prettykitty #Loveitchopit #Petalsandpaisleys #Watercolouring #KOCreationscards #GDP080 #Richrazzleberry #Handmade #Cardmaking #Bellaandfriends

If you would like to see a list of products or even purchase any of the products I used. I have listed them for your convenience in the carousal below.



Thank you so very much for stopping by my blog and taking a look. I will be back again tomorrow with another post for you all.
If you have any questions, please ask them in comments below. 
I will always reply!

Enjoy your day xx

6 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Kim. Love your take on Louise's card and your colour combination is quite striking. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! We love you playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you GDP :D I had a ball with this weks challenge. Thank you for the inspiration x

      Delete
  2. Hi Kim! Not one but three STUNNING cards! I'm so grateful you played along and CASEd me this week for the Global Design Project. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise :D it was a pleasure CASEing you xxx

      Delete
  3. Triple cuteness - adore this set and love your design. Awesome colouring. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so very much for your kind words Juana, they mean so much xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)