Monday 20 June 2016

A Special Note of THANKS To You - Using 'Floral Phrases Bundle'

PPA305 – A Color Challenge by Windy Ellard

Floral Phrases 

For this weeks #PPA305 Challenge we were given  the  gorgeous colour palette below

Pals Paper Arts #PPA305

Now I have chosen for this card the Floral Phrases & the Detailed Floral Thinlits dies.
I made a card based on this only last week Click > HERE to see last weeks design.
But I thought I could do a little better than that design.
It is along the same lines, inlaid pieces highlighting parts of the design. BUT this card has more detail, AND the colours just make it sublime!

Without ANY further a do here is my card.

'A special note of THANKS to you' 

#KOCreationscards #Floralphrases #Detailedfloralthinlits #Thanks #PPA305
#KOCreationscards #Floralphrases #Detailedfloralthinlits #Thanks #PPA305

How I made my card :

  • I chose the cards stock according to the challenge that had been put forward. Island Indigo is my base, Pool party is the second layer and on top it Whisper White.
  • After cutting one lot of the Floral thinlits for the front, without using the piece that cuts completely. I cut the second lot for my contrasting inlay in Island Indigo.
  • I glued the Whisper White to the Pool Party base & then proceeded to glue pieces from the Island indigo into the desired positions.
  • I used two of smallest flowers from the Bloomin' Hearts Thinlits set as added accents to the front and the larger ones for inside. Both sets of flowers have been lightly inked with Island Indigo around the edges for depth.
  • I added Rhinestone basic jewels to the centre of my flowers to give sparkle.
  • Both sentiments are from the Floral Phrases stamp set. I placed the inside one using the label punch after stamping.
  • I mounted the Pool Party card front with Stampin' Dimensionals onto the Island Indigo card base to finish.


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.

Don't forget to check out all other card entries this week over at Pals Paper Arts Showcase  > HERE


I do hope you have enjoyed my card today
 &
I hope it inspires you to create your very own too!


If you are looking to find items used to make your own, look no further than below in the carousal. 


22 comments:

  1. Kim, your card is beautiful! Love what you've done with the inlays! Thank you so much for playing with us this week for the Pals Paper Arts Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peggy :) I think the inlay really helps to make the whole card more emotive & effective.

      Delete
  2. This is soooooooo gorgeous!! Love the colour choice - top job Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolina, the colours really are gorgeous aren't they. I can't take credit for that though, just the order they are in lol

      Delete
  3. How beautiful is your card! Wow,,,I would love the case this...I can think of several colors but I love how soft the blues all look together with the detailed floral! Thanks for the inspiration..and for playing along with the Pals color challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh My Gosh Windy, I would be honored if you CASEd my card...Layering different shades of the same colour can make this design almost endless! Thank you so very much

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Kim. Perfectly balanced layout and colours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juana, I love it when a plan comes together :)

      Delete
  5. The color combination is beautiful and you took it to a whole new level. The extra love and attention taken to place the small pieces back into the lacy die would leave the receiver in awe. Stunning result. WOW. Thanks for sharing your creativity with the Pals this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing!! So soft and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle. The effect of the inlay does really help to soften the over all look.

      Delete
  7. I love this card Kim - it's very beautiful and I love the colours too. I haven't bought this set yet but I think you've just convinced me to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise :) Would love to see what you create when you get your set!

      Delete
  8. Love this- have ordered this set and can't wait to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic Lisa, would love to see what you create!

      Delete
  9. Love it!! I have the die, too! I need to find how to 'twist & pop'. It wouldn't show on my page. I can look it up.Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)