Wednesday 26 October 2016

Seaside Shore - Here's Hoping Your Day Goes Swimmingly - #GDP059

 Welcome !
Today  am sharing some cards I made using the stamp set 'Seaside Shore'.
I have had this set for a little while now, just waiting for the right opportunity to showcase it.
 I am entering one of these cards into the weekly challenge at Global Design Project #GDP059
There theme this week is Animals/Pets.


I used the 'Smooshing' technique (Click HERE to see more)  for the 2 cards at the back, pictured below. 

#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly

Before colouring of any kind began, I stamped all of my images in Stazon black ink, where I wanted them to be. 
I then masked them all using MOLOTOW art masking liquid. You must leave this to dry before applying any colouring.
When this had dried I then proceeded to colour the backgrounds in my chosen colours. 

'Fish Bowl'


This card below is the one I am entering into #GDP059
#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly

For the fish bowl, I used the largest circle Layering framelit and drew around one quarter creating the side of the bowl, moving it over just little, I drew the opposite side. I hand drew the base and the top trying to give the same effect as if stamped. 
For the back ground of the bowl, I used Aqua painters, with and a mix of Island Indigo, Bermuda Bay, Tip Top Taupe, Crushed Curry and Pool Party stamp pads. The sentiment has been stamped in Emerald Envy and embellished with Emerald Envy Bakers Twine and topped with a silver enamel shape..... The shadow was created using Smoky Slate stamp pad and Aqua Painter.


 'Front View of FISH BOWL'


#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly

For the next 2 card images I used the Smooshing technique for the background (Clike HERE to see the tutorial)


 'Swimming Free'


 
#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly

Once all water colouring had completely dried (I left mine overnight) I removed the Molotow masking fluid.
I then proceeded to colour the images accordingly. 
For the 3 fish images above and below I used a mix of Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Pool Party with the Clear Wink of Stella. The single fish was created using Bermuda Bay, Real red and Wink of Stella. The weeds were coloured using Pear Pizzazz and Garden Green. The bubbles were embellished with Silver Metallic Enamel Shapes.

'Side view of Swimming Free' 

#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly

'Front View of Free Swimming'



#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly
The colours used for the backgrounds for these two images are the same as above also using the Smooshing technique. For the 3 fish images I used the Gold Wink of Stella and for the little single fish I used the same as the precious card. I added some small pearls under the sea weed next to the shells for this card.

'Side View of Free Swimming'

#Seasideshore #KOCreationcards #Australianmade #Inspiredbynature #Cardmaking #Smooshingtechnique #Hopingyourdaygoesswimmimgly

If you are looking to purchase any of the items I used to create these cards, I have added them all to the carousal below.





9 comments:

  1. Love your cards Kim. The smooshing effect looks awesome with this set. Love the your fish bowl and gorgeous colouring of the fishes. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juan, you know how much I love to play with my water colours. I am just happy others such as yourself like my efforts too :) Thank you for taking the time to comment xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie :) I appreciate you stopping by to comment

      Delete
  3. These are beautiful Kim! My favourites made with this stamp set so far! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW thank you Gail, what a lovely Saturday morning comment to waske up to! you have made my morning :D

      Delete
  4. Love these cards Kim, I have been struggling to use this stamp set. You have inspired me to get in and give it a try after onstage. Angexoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good to hear Angela, I too had this set for a while just waiting for inspiration. So happy to have inspired you :)

      Delete
    2. P.S Can't wait to meet you :D

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)