Saturday 29 October 2016

For You Anything - #CTC009

Welcome to my blog.
This is where I share my creations with you all. Sometimes I share tutorials and techniques here along with the cards I created using those techniques. Other times I enter my creations into challenges, then share them with you all here. 
Today is a day where I share with cards I entered into this weeks challenge over at www.jessieholton.com for her weekly Case This Card Challenge. This week we are CASEing Louise Jappe's card  pictured below.
I decided for my CASE I would use the colour scheme that she used for her card


Sweet Sugar Plum

Bermuda Bay
Melon Mambo
Dapper Denim (sentiment)
Blushing Bride

Pear Pizzazz




For my cards I chose the Hostess stamp set called 'Fabulous Flora' 
This stamp set becomes available to my hostess's as a choice to purchase when holding a workshop, or party. You can even hold your party online!



Without further ado I present to you my card entry for #CTC009 

'For You Anything'


#Fabulousflora #Touchesoftexture2of2 #Hostessgifts #KOCreationscards #Stampinup #Handmadecards #Cardmaking #CTC009

For this card I used a water colouring technique with Aqua Painters and Ink pads. I stamped my image onto thick Whisper White in Stazon Black then proceeded to water colour. I coloured the flower in Blushing Bride the melon Mambo. The stems and leaves have been coloured in Pear Pizzazz. The centre of the large flower has been coloured using Crushed Curry. For the back ground I used a mix of Bermuda Bay and Dapper Denim.
As the stamp indicates a messier style of painting, I let the colours bleed outside the lines in some areas. 
I added the sentiment onto a Sweet Sugarplum strip of card, which I then cut into a ribbon shape. This was adhered using Stampin' Dimensionals.
I left the card front as clean as possible, something new for me :)


'Inside View'


#Fabulousflora #Touchesoftexture2of2 #Hostessgifts #KOCreationscards #Stampinup #Handmadecards #Cardmaking #CTC009

I used the same process for the inside, making sure that I stamped the image of the paper. This leaves heaps of clean space for a personal sentiment/note to the recipient.



For my next card I used a technique I had used before, a long long time ago...
Meaning when I was in High School! 
OMG that was like, eons ago!?! 
Hang on ....counting the years.... Jeepers!!! OK I stopped counting at 30 :o hehehe
Anywho I digress. 

I was reminded again of this technique by Juan Ambiba and the colour stamping on dark card stock card, created a couple of days ago. You can see the card by clicking his name.
When I was my high school Art Class, we quite often used water colour pencils on dark/black paper to experiment and create with. 
And well, this was almost exactly the same, the only difference being a stamped image to colour in!!!

 So here is my card using the water colour pencils on dark card stock!

'For you Anything'

done on black card stock


#Fabulousflora #Touchesoftexture2of2 #Hostessgifts #KOCreationscards #Stampinup #Handmadecards #Cardmaking #CTC009

Just to ass some interest I used the bumble bee from Touches of Texture set 2 of 2 and after making a mask for the Fabulous Flora image I stamped another floral image. The masking enables me to make the last image appear as if behind the first. 
For the inside of this card,  I stamped as per a normal image on white paper, but coloured with the pencils to keep the same feel and texture.
On the front image, I used clear Wink of Stella on the main flowers and the Bumble Bee after colouring with my pencils.
The sentiment has been created using White emboss powder.
I also added 3 Rhinestone jewels for some added sparkle.

 'Inside View'

#Fabulousflora #Touchesoftexture2of2 #Hostessgifts #KOCreationscards #Stampinup #Handmadecards #Cardmaking #CTC009



I thought I would take a picture of both cards together

#Fabulousflora #Touchesoftexture2of2 #Hostessgifts #KOCreationscards #Stampinup #Handmadecards #Cardmaking #CTC009

The card stock used for the card on the left is: Sweet Sugarplum, Whisper White and a piece of floral Blooms and Bliss DSP in Dapper Denim and Mint Macaron.

For the Dark card  I used : Sweet Sugar Plum Whisper White and Basic Black.

If you would like to purchase any of the items I used to create this card, I have listed them for your convenience in the carousal below.











Thank you so very much for stopping by to see my creations. If you have any question please ask in comments below. I always reply!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kim I love your Case. The colours look great together for this card too. It's so weird being cased. Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!😀😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kim! Congratulations, you're the winner for Case This Card this week! Love your different uses of this stamp set xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh thank you so much Jessie :) Very happy I was chosen. I love entering your CTC challenges. I look forward to the next one too CASEing me :)

      Delete
  3. Love both your cards Kim, it's wonderful to see the variations from dark to light. You're so creative and talented. Thanks for the special mention so sweet of you. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Juan. I always share my inspirations x

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)