Tuesday 14 June 2016

Card For a Friend

Card For a Friend

Hello & welcome again to my Stampin' Up blog.

Happy Birthday Theresa!

Toady I finally finished a card that has been trying to get made since Sunday. 
It certainly wasn't as easy to create as it looks!
I made this gorgeous card for a lovely friends birthday that happened last week. I don't get to see her very much just lately due to work, family etc etc, but wanted her to know that I hadn't forgotten about her. She is a very kind & thoughtful person
&
I wanted something special for this card. 
Something that stood out. 
So, I used the Floral Phrases stamp & the Detailed Floral thinlits.


I thought that my colour scheme needed to be simple as the thinlits are so detailed!... The colors chosen for the DSP (Floral Boutique) in the catalogue that is used with this floral bundle seemed the way to go, Night of Navy on Whisper White on Night of Navy.
#KOCreationscards #Floralboutique #Birthdaycards #Sendinglove
I decide upon having an acetate window in-between the two panels, but I didn't want it to be see through all the way up & down the front of the card.....I wanted some surprises!
 So I cut a panel to match the front,top and bottom, then glued them inside. 
To attach the front to the back I made the back panel 1/2 a cm longer then scored along that 1/2 cm line, folded & burnished it. This created my hinge. I glued the folded piece along the top, on the inside of the floral acetate panel.
This enabled the card to sit and move as a normal card would.

#KOCreationscards #Floralboutique #Birthdaycards #Sendinglove

As points of interest, I placed a couple of Nights of Navy cut out pieces into the Whisper white die cut panels and added little Rhinestone to the centre of each of the flowers that I bought forward with the Night of Navy.

Thank you for stopping by & I do hope you enjoyed my creative attempts today.

If you liked this card and would like to create your own. Here is a list of items I used.


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim. Love it! it's so elegant with the floral panel on acetate window and the white stamping. We must be on the same wave length for this fablulous set colour and style wise. I'll post mine soon hehe. You're friend will truly love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jaun :) I look forward to seeing your creations too x

      Delete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous. What a great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much Pamela. I appreciate the time you have taken to let me know that you like my card creating effort :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you Teena. Theresa thought so too :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie :) My friend loved it and to me that's everything!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh, this is so pretty. You are enabling me. I want this set now!! Your card is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Satomi my favorite job is being an enabler...in a good way. Happy you like it :)

      Delete
  6. Just .. wow! Such an elegant and beautiful card! I wish I could have been there when you made it. I'm not sure how you did it all but I have some understanding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Debora, Thank you very much for your lovely comment. As to making it, the detailed thinlits set has an edgelit in it. That is what I used for the backing with out the detailed thinlit. for the centred inlaid parts I just cut a night of navy detailed thinlit. and used the "waste" pieces. Or alternatively you could save the white ones and die them with the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Kim, great tips and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful and elegant. I truly love this card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Debora from the west coast of Canada. I just saw your card on Pinterest & had to visit to see how you made it. WOW oh WOW!! It is drop dead gorgeous & even though I'm two years late, I'm sure your friend must know how much you care to have given her such a gift of your time & thoughtfulness in making this card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri thank you so much for your kind words x Warmest regards Kim

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)