Thursday 21 April 2016

Global Design Project #032



Global Design Project #032 

Case the Designer

Well I thoroughly enjoyed my first ever blog hop so much I thought I would try my hand at a Global Design Project (GDP) so I popped on over to the site to see what they were planning for this weeks project and found they were casing Krista Frattin



WOW I fell in love with this ladies style!!
I had a peek at all the other designers take on this beautiful card and thought You can do this just 
GO FOR IT!
So I did :)

Here is my card

'For You'

#GDP032 #Birthdayblooms #Timelesstextures #KOCreationscards


How I made 'FOR YOU' :
  • I cut my card front to 11.5cm x 16.5cm and made each layer 2 millimeters larger. Te card base is cut at 12cm x 17cm.
  • I sponged Blushing bride ink using the Stampin' sponge onto Whisper white, firstly spritzing the paper with water so the ink blended nicely.
  • I then use Whisper White ink with the Timeless textures wood grain stamp then embossed over the top.
  • I stamped the large rose from Birthday Blooms and proceeded to colour & blend. I then stamped again using my versa mark embossing ink and embossed. This makes the fussy cutting much easier and helps the item not to tear.
  • I stamped the sentiment using Versa mark ink and embossed with silver embossing powder.
  • I put dimensionals behind the leaves and small flowers but NOT behind the largest centre flower. 
  • I used my elegant butterfly punch to punch out my butterflies in silver foil & the Birthday Bouquet pink stripe sheet. I also punched out some confetti hearts too :)
  • I layered Blushing Bride and silver foil behind the Whisper White card front & used Whisper White cardstock again at the base.
I hope you enjoyed my creating efforts today & thank you so much for stopping by.


#GDP032 #Birthdayblooms #Timelesstextures #KOCreationscards


Please find below the list of items used for creating the above card.



21 comments:

  1. I love how you did the background on this card! It's a beautiful card all around! Thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the challenge!! Your card is beautiful!! Thank-you for playing along this week with the Global Design Project and casing me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh WOW thank you Krista! I just love your work and it was an honor to CASE something that you created.

      Delete
  3. You should "just go for it" more often Kim. Your card is gorgeous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is really beautiful. Birthday Bloom is my favourite stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Satomi, it's one of my faves also :)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card Kim. Love the soft textured background. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Juan, I am really enjoying experimenting and creating my own backgrounds atm :)

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous card! The Whisper White on top of the color splash was a fab tip! And your coloring is so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynn, So happy you found a useful tip on my blog. I always make more background pieces than I actually require and play with texture til I find something I love. I will use the other background hopefully today. I don't know many adults who doesn't enjoy or love colouring I think it's a leftover remnant from our childhood :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, wow, wow. What a beautiful card Kim! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jess :) The pleasure is all kine...I am loving the new experiences of blogging and group blogging too! The inspirations I am finding are so wonderful it's impossible to resist.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful, Kim! Such a soft and sweet card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian for commenting on my card :) I am loving the GDP's as much as our Crazy Crafters Blog Hop.

      Delete
  9. Oh so lovely Kim! I adore this. So glad you are blogging and playing along. The world needed to see your talent. Thank you so much for playing along with the Global Design Project challenge and Crazy Crafters highlights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kylie, an absolutely lovely comment...totally made me feel GREAT!

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)