My Sea Folly
Have you ever started creating with an idea in mind and it just wouldn't happen?!
Friday I received a demonstrator order, one that I had placed the week before.
I opened my box of goodies with such excitement and found my Circle Card thinlits die, along with my new DSP's, cardstock & my Sea themed stamps.
I was over the moon & couldn't wait to get started.
So, yesterday I went to my studio. With the intent of creating one of these 'Circle Cards'....I found an online tutorial showing how to use the die, but ....NO WAY HO-SAY!
I just couldn't think of how I wanted it to look & nothing I did was going to make it happen.
I was distracted!
My minds eye kept picturing the Sea themed stamp sets I had unpacked, and I just had to keep picking them up!
They were calling me to create with them!
SO, I DID
I created this set,
|#Bythetide #Fromlandtosea #Seastreet #Traveler|
|#Saharasand #Stampinup #Poolparty|
To create Sea Folly:For this gorgeous ocean inspired set.
- I used Soft Suede as the base for each card cut into 14 cm x 14 cm top fold squares.
- I then cut contrasting squares for each base, with each square 2 millimeters smaller than the last until I had 3 layers on top of my base. Blushing Bride, Island Indigo, with Very Vanilla being the last and smallest square, adding 1 square of the Soft Suede under each of the top squares..
- I sponged each Very Vanilla top square with a coordinating ink to match the chosen contrasting cardstock. Inks used for this were Blushing Bride, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Early Espresso & Sahara Sand
- I stamped my images onto each of the inked card tops. At one stage having to create a 'Mask' which I used to layer the lighthouse onto the mountains - from the In the Meadow stamp set, and then again when I added the sea spray effect. My masks used are pictured below. I also used By the Tide, From Land to Sea, Sea Street & Traveler stamp sets.
- I embellished some of the cards with Brights Sequins Assortment, Pearl Basic Jewels, Linen Thread + some burlap that I had pulled threads out from, quite alot lol
|#KOCreations #Seafolly #Seacreatures|
I hope you enjoy these cards as much as I did creating them.
To shop for any of the items I used in 'To create Sea Folly' Just click on the lighter grey coloured words.