Crazy Crafters Blog Hop 17th April 2015
Hi and welcome to my very first Blog Hop!
Tonight we are all CASEing cards from Brian Kings Stampin' Up!® Blog. Copy And Selective Edit.
Here meet Brian!
Hi Brian :)
Brian's cards are just so neat, clean & crisp. Who doesn't enjoy a good clean crisp card! When scrolling through his blog, I noticed on so many of Brian's cards, his love of space & layers. Leaving large areas uncluttered, to bring the most out of any chosen background. All complemented with a lovely layered, contrasting colour that picks up on & enhances some other small detail, or otherwise unnoticed colour.
I chose two beautiful cards from Brian's gallery. It took some doing, as Brian has so many gorgeous creations.
One card was for the colour scheme, while the other was for the layout.
BUT, I chose BOTH for the 'Smashing' Technique' he used.
It really intrigued me! 'SMASHING' the word just rolls of the tongue & I can hear it in my head in an posh English accent, haha! 'Smashing Ol' Chap, just SMASHING!'
Where you use stamps to create a background, by randomly stamping all over the page!
So here are the cards I chose to CASE from Brian's fabulous collection & also the colours chosen from Brian's Timeless Textures card (the blue card on the left)
The colours chosen.
And here are my cards,
I call them the
|#Timelesstextures #Beautifulblooms #Smashtechnique|
How I made 'Beautiful Bunch' :
- For my cards, I first chose the colour scheme, then chose my stamps. A flower from the Beautiful Bunch & the dotted texture from Timeless Textures were used as my background.... then proceeded to 'SMASH' randomly over the page.
Oh what fun !!!
- I first used Blushing Bride with the dotted texture, stamping in a random manner, then stamped flowers with Pool Party over the top, using the shaded flower stamp & then the small flower in the clearer spaces using Mint Macaroon.
Hmmm... it didn't end up looking random! Oh well it certainly turned out quite pretty :)
- I thought it needed a lift, so I stamped the large flowers with Whisper White then embossed them with white embossing powder.
As well as lifting the over all design, this really gave some added depth and texture to the paper....
& I love tactile elements on cards !
- I cut & stamped the inside linings for each card, leaving a blank area for a verse to be written or stamped later as required.
- I made the labels for the fronts of each card.
- I then stamped and punched out my large flowers and glued the linen thread to the backs, also adding the pearls to the centre of each flower.
- I then put all pieces together and placed my labels and flowers where they looked the best.
|#Stampinup #Beautifulblooms #Handmadeflowers|
I loved the look of the first two cards that I had made,
I made a bunch more!
|#Beautifulblooms #KOCreations #Timelesstextures #Smashtechnique|