Sunday 17 April 2016

CASEing Brian King


Crazy Crafters Blog Hop 17th April 2015 


Hi and welcome to my very first Blog Hop!

Tonight we are all CASEing cards from Brian Kings Stampin' Up!® Blog. Copy And Selective Edit.

Here meet Brian!

Hi Brian :)


Brian's cards are just so neat, clean & crisp. Who doesn't enjoy a good clean crisp card! When scrolling through his blog, I noticed on so many of Brian's cards, his love of space & layers. Leaving large areas uncluttered, to bring the most out of any chosen background. All complemented with a lovely layered, contrasting colour that picks up on & enhances some other small detail, or otherwise unnoticed colour.

I chose two beautiful cards from Brian's gallery. It took some doing, as Brian has so many gorgeous creations.
One card was for the colour scheme, while the other was for the layout. 
BUT, I chose BOTH for the 'Smashing' Technique' he used.
It really intrigued me! 'SMASHING' the word just rolls of the tongue & I can hear it in my head in an posh English accent, haha! 'Smashing Ol' Chap, just SMASHING!'

Smashing technique: 
Where you use stamps to create a background, by randomly stamping all over the page!

So here are the cards I chose to CASE from Brian's fabulous collection & also the colours chosen from Brian's Timeless Textures card (the blue card on the left)



The colours chosen.


 


And here are my cards,

I call them the

'BEAUTIFUL BUNCH'


#Timelesstextures #Beautifulblooms #Smashtechnique


How I made 'Beautiful Bunch' :

  • For my cards, I first chose the colour scheme, then chose my stamps. A flower from the Beautiful Bunch & the dotted texture from Timeless Textures were used as my background.... then proceeded to 'SMASH' randomly over the page. 

Oh what fun !!!
  • I first used Blushing Bride with the dotted texture, stamping in a random manner, then stamped flowers with Pool Party over the top, using the shaded flower stamp & then the small flower in the clearer spaces using Mint Macaroon.

Hmmm... it didn't end up looking random! Oh well it certainly turned out quite pretty :)
  • I thought it needed a lift, so I stamped the large flowers with Whisper White then embossed them with white embossing powder. 

As well as lifting the over all design, this really gave some added depth and texture to the paper.... 
 & I love tactile elements on cards !
  • I  cut & stamped the inside linings for each card, leaving a blank area for a verse to be written or stamped later as required.
  • I made the labels for the fronts of each card.
  • I then stamped and punched out my large flowers and glued the linen thread to the backs, also adding the pearls to the centre of each flower.
  • I then put all pieces together and placed my labels and flowers where they looked the best.


#Stampinup #Beautifulblooms #Handmadeflowers

 I loved the look of the first two cards that I had made,
 I made a bunch more!


#Beautifulblooms #KOCreations #Timelesstextures #Smashtechnique



Here are the items used to make 'BEAUTIFUL BLOOMS'





Don't forget to keep hopping to everyone else's blog listed below, so you can see all the other wonderful creations inspired by Brian!












40 comments:

  1. I love the color of the flower awesome. Angexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela I thought it might have been to much, but it worked :)

      Delete
  2. These are lovely Kim....great use of such an awesome stamp set

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki It is such a versatile flower stamp set

      Delete
  3. Wow Kim you've been busy and your cards look fabulous! Yay! We've been influenced by the same card, just love Brian's technique for this one. What a stunning background you've created. Congrats on your first blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Juan...I got a giggle seeing the same influence with Brian's Timeless Texture card too. It is a fun technique...I have a background sheet leftover to create some more later .... Went a bit over board with the stamping, hahaha

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous Kim, Well done on your first blog hop, you have done an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, I have enjoyed being part of it too. Can't wait to get the time to do some more.

      Delete
  5. What a gorgeous bunch of cards Kim! Love the colours you chose too. Congrats on your first hop. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gail, I just wish I could have captured a good picture the texture from the embossing...need a better camera lol also must make a light box too!
      Thoroughly enjoyed being part of this hop and look forward to being involved in more.

      Delete
  6. i lovvve your background what great work!!! great case kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! Beautiful cards! Speachless! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Kim what a busy lady you have been ... your cards are beautiful and I love the smashing technique :) Congrats on your 1st blog hop (of many more to come) you have done a fabulous job

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nicole...it truly has been a pleasure and so much fun :)

      Delete
  9. Wow you created a great collection there! Thanks for highlighting this technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa Its an awesome technique...one I want to use more of :)

      Delete
  10. Very beautiful!! I love everything about your cards, the colours, technique and design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome to blogging Kim!! I love your creation 'it was smashing!' I was like WOW then I kept ready and then i was like WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Carolina I am loving blogging and had so much fun being part of a blog hop! I love your reaction to my blog also :) made my morning reading it....thanks so much for taking the time to leave your comment

      Delete
  12. Kim - this is incredible! You didn't just make one card - you made one for everybody. That's quite a collection. You did these flowers and colors and technique proud. I'm so thrilled to participate in this hop with you and your team! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words Brian you are a hard act to follow ;) Very happy that you enjoyed my blog and my efforts with your technique.

      Delete
  13. As an artist Kim I loved reading this blog and hearing about how it all came about. Job well done👏🏻💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Teena, I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog and to leave a comment

      Delete
  14. What a great collection! Love the 3D flowers! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. All these cards are beautiful. I love how you show case cards in the group photo. That's something I have to work on. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Satomi, I am always looking for small and interesting little boxes :) Love the white box atm they are perfect just to add height variations to the eye line without drawing the eye away from the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards!!! especially liked your "smashing"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, it was an enjoyable technique :) most fun ever smashing anything lol

      Delete
  18. Beautiful cards Kim. Love the matching envelopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten, good eye too as I didn't even mention them :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)