Friday 8 December 2017

BLUE - Water Colour Wings using Water Colours

#KOCreationscards #Watercolourwings #Watercolourpainting #Cardmaking #Papercrafting #Stampinup #Butterflies #Blue

Welcome back everyone.
I took a little break before the Christmas rush period to spend some time with my family...We don't get a lot of time over the Christmas due to work commitments unfortunately. 
My holiday was inspirational though as visiting the Melbourne Zoo and the Butterfly House was my inspiration for my card project today.

I decided I would jump straight back into creating by playing with water colours! It's one of my most favourite ways to add colour to a background.
I hadn't pulled out the gorgeous Water Colour wings stamp set for a while either so, I put the two together and came up with this striking little number!
I am entering this card into the Crazy Crafters Weekly Team Highlights. 
I LIKE IT THAT MUCH lol

If you too like my card
You can VOTE for it by clicking HERE

BLUE


#KOCreationscards #Watercolourwings #Watercolourpainting #Cardmaking #Papercrafting #Stampinup #Butterflies #Blue

The colours used for this card were 
  • Pool Party
  • Tempting Turquoise.
  • Clear Wink of Stella
  • Basic Black Stampin' Write marker
  • Memento Black ink
Products used were
  • Water Colour Paper
  • Aqua Painter
  • Thick Whisper White card stock
  • Basic Black card stock
  • Dimensionals
  • Multipurpose Liquid Glue

Techniques used were 
  • Stamping Off
  • Step stamping as  well as normal stamping
  • Water Colouring to create the back ground and Shadowing.

After finishing this card project I got to thinking that this would look absolutely fabulous in yellow hues or even coral/peach tones too! 
Hmmm...... perhaps I will just have to create some more now! lol

If you are looking to purchase any of the items I used to create my project with then please check ut the carousel below. It has ll items listed and is linked directly to my store for your convenience.




Thank you so very much for visiting me today.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask them in the comments section.
I ALWAYS REPLY.
😊

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kim welcome back to blogging with us, it's been awhile. Family time is the best and what a way to make wonderful memories than go to the Zoo, and there is a Butterfly House oh how wonderful, I adore butterflies. They are a great way to get the inspirational juices flowing that's for sure. Your Butterfly card is gorgeous and I love how you watercolour. I to be honest have not done watercolouring I am frightened that I will make it look messy. You on the other hand don't make it look messy at all. You have made it look s a blue hue around them as if they are flying off the paper. It would be amazing if we could all get together and learn techniques from each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, I am happy to be back. A break is always good to refressh the creativity.

      Delete

Thank you for taking a moment to leave your comment. You have made my day :-)